When it comes to buying a used truck, it’s very easy to get carried away and purchase a vehicle which has the cheapest price-tag. Unfortunately by doing this you leave yourself open to a wide range of problems later down the line, which could end up costing your business financially. It’s for this reason that our team here at Malcolm Taylor Commercials recommend carrying out thorough and stringent checks on all vehicles you’re considering buying.
With over thirty years’ experience in the new and used vehicle industry, we’re all too aware of the areas you need to check on used trucks, which is why we’ve compiled this checklist, which we recommend you print and take with you when buying a used vehicle.
Faults with the exterior of any vehicle are often easy to spot; however it’s still important to check the vehicle for:
• Dents, chips, scratches and rust on the paintwork
• Chips/scratches on the windows
• Rust around the locks; it’s also advisable to check the ease in which the vehicle locks
• All panels line-up and that there aren’t any parts sticking out
The interior often gives an indication as to how well it has been looked after, so when searching for a new vehicle check for:
• Stains/damage on the seats and fabrics
• Ensure all seatbelts are working correctly and in a good condition
• Ease of windows opening/closing, and check there aren’t any gaps
A thorough inspection here could be the difference between getting a bargain and having to pay out a small fortune for repairs later down the line. We recommend:
• Checking all lights, control for electrical faults/damage
• Checking under the bonnet and around the vehicle for any signs of leakages
• Ensuring the exhaust is fastened to the vehicle correctly and isn’t suffering from rust
• Check the tyres North London for tread and depth; also check for signs of wear and tear
• Test all brakes and ensure brake disks/pads are in a good condition
It’s also advisable when looking to purchase a used truck to take it for a test drive and to check all paperwork to ensure that it correlates. If you want to ensure that you’re getting a quality used truck from the outset, cut out the inspections by visiting us here at Malcolm Taylor Commercials.
Disclaimer of Endorsement: Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favouring by Malcolm Taylor Commercials. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of Malcolm Taylor Commercials, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.